Derailment involving 18 acid tankers occurs in Namibia

Namibia’s rail operator, TransNamib, on Tuesday confirmed that a derailment involving 18 acid tankers occurred between Otavi and Otjiwarongo, in the country’s central part on the evening of July 25.
TransNamib spokesperson, Abigail Raubenheimer, said a total of seven loaded tankers did not capsize, while 11 tankers capsized.
“No injuries occurred but spillage from two of the tankers was detected,’’ she said.
She added that TransNamib immediately activated its emergency response plan when the incident occurred and the area had been cordoned off.
“At this time the cause of the derailment was unknown and subject to further investigation.’’
Moscow hopes Tunisia will overcome unrest legitimately
Meanwhile, Raubenheimer said TransNamib expects the repairs to take approximately a week before train service operations on the line can recommence.
“We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused and remain thankful for your continued support,’’ she concluded.



