
Following the lifting of the suspension placed on microblogging site, Twitter by the Federal government the Minister for Labour and Employment Festus Keyamo has lambasted those who were critical of the government over the initial suspension.
Recall that last year June the government suspended Twitter following the removal of Tweets by President Muhammadu Buhari and other national security issues such as abuse of the platform.
The government had then given Twitter some conditions before the suspension could be lifted however on Wednesday the Director-General of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Mr Kashifu Inuwa, announced the lifting of the suspension on Twitter.
Inuwa said President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the lifting of the suspension on Twitter operations in Nigeria and is expected to take effect from 12 am on Thursday.
Market inferno: FEMA salvages N1.2bn goods, saves 3,715 lives in 2021
Keyamo on his art reacting to the lifting of the suspension congratulated Nigeria just as he said that they can now see that with all the FG conditions to which Twitter agreed, Nigeria is eventually better off for it.
He said: ”For those who prioritised politics over patriotism and exhibited disingenuous righteousness on Twitter suspension, they can now see that with all the FG conditions to which Twitter agreed, Nigeria is eventually better off for it. Congratulations Nigeria.”



