NewsTop News

Jangebe abduction: We did not pay ransom to kidnappers, says Matawalle

Zamfara state Governor, Bello Matawalle has disclosed that no ransom was paid to the abductors of the Jangebe school girls to secure their release.

Matawalle made this known to BBC Hausa and said that the 279 released students were hale and hearty.

The governor had earlier confirmed the release of the abducted schoolgirls on Tuesday morning via his official Twitter handle.

“Alhamdulillah! It gladdens my heart to announce the release of the abducted students of GGSS Jangebe from captivity. “This follows the scaling of several hurdles laid against our efforts. I enjoin all well-meaning Nigerians to rejoice with us as our daughters are now safe,” the tweet read.

Police arrest six for running cocaine delivery service

Earlier, President Muhammadu Buhari condemned the payment of ransom to kidnappers, saying it would continue to prosper kidnappings across the country.

He called for greater vigilance by the people so that human intelligence could be collected early enough to nip the bandits’ plans in the bud.

 

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button