All NewsEntertainmentNewsTop News

Oko Iyabo: I will not leave social media, Yomi Fabiyi responds to backlash

Tobi Adebayo
Controversial Nollywood actor, Yomi Fabiyi has said that he will not leave social media due to the backlash generated from the release of his latest movie, Oko Iyabo.

Fabiyi had come under fire for releasing a movie centring around the alleged molestation of a minor by his colleague, Olarenwaju Omiyinka a.k.a Baba Ijesha.

The outrage also had him summoned by the Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN), which he is a member of.

“The TAMPAN committee on ethics, conflicts and resolution wishes to inform the general public that the association has summoned Mr Yomi Fabiyi who is the producer and directed of the controversial film titled ‘Oko Iyabo’ to appear before it on Thursday 11th July 2021,” TAMPAN’s statement read in part.

Responding to the knocks, Fabiyi said that the movie did not in any way glorify child molestation and urged his fans to watch the movie before condemning him.

NGOs urge FG to declare State of Emergency on primary healthcare in Nigeria

He also stated that the movie had not been taken down on the streaming platform, Youtube, rather it had been put on private.

“Those of you that are quick to put me on a blast whenever anything happens, I will not leave social media for you. We will all remain here,” he said.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button